Family Visas UK

Family Visas UK

If your family, spouse or fiancé is living in the UK, and you wish to join them temporarily or permanently then you may apply for a family visa in UK. To be eligible for the UK family visa, your family member/partner needs to satisfy these criteria -

  • Your partner/family member should be a British citizen.
  • Your partner/family member should be a settled citizen of the UK.
  • Your partner/family member should have asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK.
  • You can apply for the visa if your child has lived in the UK for 7 years.

You have to apply for the UK family visa in a different manner if –

  • You are not from the UK.
  • Your partner/spouse is from EEA or Switzerland.
  • Your partner has a temporary work permit.
  • Your partner has died.
  • You are a victim of domestic violence.

Types of the UK family visaFamily visitor visa, Partner Visa, Child Visa and Fiancé Visa.

Procedure of visa application –

  • You can opt for a standard postal service or the premium service to apply for your visa.
  • You would require submitting your valid passport and supporting documents of you and your family member.
  • You would require appearing for the interview.
  • Your visa application can take up to 8 weeks to process.

A fee for the UK family visa is £649 by post and £1049 if you use the premium service. You can stay in the UK for up to 2 years and can extend the visa again at the end of its termination. You can also apply to settle permanently in the UK once you meet the eligibility.

What can you do with your family visa?

  • Work
  • Study

What you can’t do with your family visa?

  • You can’t get public funds.


EEA Family Visa is for people who...


Planning for a holiday abroad...


Partners of United Kingdom ci...


Marriage visitor visa is for ...